Tuesday, September 9, 2008

You are on my black list Walmart...beware!

So the only way for a mom to cope with weekly grocery shopping with 4 soon to be 5 doodlebugs is?????? Yup, you guessed it, POPCORN CHICKEN!

So I enter Walmart every week and b-line it for the deli and order four popcorn chickens at $1.83. I have done this for four years! Today, however Walmart (my ex-friendly place) has decided to re-package the popcorn chicken in smaller containers. I noticed the difference, but said well it was bound to happen less popcorn chicken for the same price. Oh, me sooooo gullible. The deli lady fills four and then I go to grab the ones she already filled and put lids on. I hear the dreaded statement...

Ma'am' I have to "weigh" those. WHAT! "Weigh them?" I say "They are $1.83." "No, ma'am' we have to weigh them now." Whatever, o.k. weigh them. $2.64....$2.64...did you read that? $2.64!!!!!!! So my order went from 4 to 2 and a brief explanation to the doodlebugs what "snack" meant. I was totally bummed and it totally SUCKS! I hate inflation!

I intend on giving Walmart a "piece of my mind" at a later date. Man, I am so bummed!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Booooooo! Bummer!

Ashley said...

i just laughed out loud and Frank gave me the strangest look. i just said don't ask

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate. The same thing happened to me on Monday! I was horrified! Pennies mean a lot to us don't they girl?!?!