Sunday, August 24, 2008

Baby Grant's Shower...

The Baby Shower Cake


Tanya and Me


Katie, Me, and Shelly


So much to post today, we had a great baby shower...Mom, Jen, Joanna (sis in law) ,my Aunt Sheila (surprised me), and the Chief's parents all made it in the tropical storm and came. I was thrilled! However, all too soon we got word that the roads were closing and off the caravan had to go. It took them nearly two hours to get back to Albany (only a 60 mile journey, normally)




The greatest surprise is that my oldest and dearest friend Tanya Todd Cooper came and I could have just wrapped her up and kept her for much longer. We have known each other since we were little and lived and California. I cherish our friendship deeply! My dear friends Katie and Shelly hosted the wonderful event and it went off without a hitch...So many other dear friends came and I enjoyed having everyone in my home.




So the shower was great! Joel and I were so blessed with all realms of items for the baby. Some of the major essentials were given to us which was such a relief to receive. I was overwhelmed in the end with gratitude and thankfulness that people came out and gave for a mom who is expecting her 5Th baby! Blessed is all I can say. I can't wait for my mom to come back and help me ORGANIZE all Grant's things (hint, hint).




I am posting a few pictures my aunt took ALOT more than I so I will have to get those from her and post them later. The cake once again was made by our dear friends Greg and Karen and they certainly out did themselves this time. Fun,Family, and Fellowship was had by all...I have the greatest group of friends and family!






2 comments:

Cathy said...

What an adorable cake! That is just tooooo cute. I heard you got a lot of wonderful things!

You are very blessed!

prechrswife said...

Love hearing about the shower, and really love the name Grant. That is a family name on my dad's side, and could very well show up in a boy name in our household at some point down the road. (Not this time, unless my expectant cousin uses the name we have picked out. :-) )