Diamond in the Rough?
- Over Christmas we bought a building, yup a building. Actually shall I say we are buying a building, a commercial piece of property. We are mulling over too many ideas as to what to do with it. A few years ago the Lord gave me the name of a consignment store, and I hope to open it on the property. Now when I say commercial property I mean a diamond in the rough we hope. There is mucho work to be done on the premises...by mucho I mean ALOT!!!!! I would like to see the building turned into three units and lease out the other two. The Chief and I are praying about what God wants us to do with it. All this is down the road, so we shall see.
- My little man is now 3 months old. He is such a joy and last week laughed really hard out loud. The DB's 1 and 2 started school yesterday and all of us were ready. They had a great day.
- My house is still not finished, my contractors have "disappeared" and my railing for the porch is sitting on the porch, the steps need to be covered/re-built and two shudders are STILL missing...it's not pretty...I still have sheets or blankets hanging on the windows AANNNDDD I am still waiting on new carpet...AHHHHHHHH!!!!!
- We are running out of space in this house as, we know Grant will need to bunk with his brother sometime this summer. Now, I love to rearrange furniture so try and keep up with this one...Chief and I are moving into the living room (I am excited about this as I always thought it would make a very nice bedroom) the boys will move into our room (we will set up an extra bed as the Chief put out word to the DFCS ladies that we would like to foster some little boys 0-2 years), the DB's girls will take the back of the house with DB #1 in her own room and #2 and #3 DB in the big room in the very back of the house. O.K. then we will attempt to make our dining room (which we do not use as our living room. Then...yes there is more the new Florida room on the back will be turned into the dining room/a place to eat (this is a maybe). My kitchen will hold a table, but the Florida room will hold a bigger one....so I have my work cut out for me!
- Ema (DB #3) had pre-op yesterday...surgery is Monday I will know Friday what time. My precious Mom will be coming on Sunday and will get the girls off to school and keep Gunner at least, I may leave Grant as he is doing slightly better on the bottle. It's still NOT his favorite by any means, but if he is hungry he will eat.My MIL will keep Joel and I company at the hospital.
- I still have and am married to the greatest man God ever created!!! He works his butt off for this family and that doesn't come without a price. We miss him when he has busy weeks, it's tough, it's stressful.
- I am getting over DB #4's new hair cut, I do miss his hair still.
- I cooked an entire family meal last night with a 3 month old on my hip start to finish. To feed my family we used an entire bag of chicken, 8 squash, and two boxes of rice. Chief said I will have to work just for that grocery bill...No, I don't even have any teenagers yet!!! No we did not have ANY leftovers either.
Well, is all this more than you wanted to know about us???? Probably, huh?