Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nuts Straight From 424 Madison Street....

Well, it's that time again. I am spending most of my day getting ready to head home for Thanksgiving. It involves laundry, packing, organizing and....BAKING. I am baking Pecan pies. We have a nice pecan grove and my Doodelbugs picked up the nuts and I spent several nights cracking them (not the fun part), and today I finally got to bake them. Ema and Gunner looked on while #5 took a short nap. I thought the pies looked beautiful!
With the leftover nuts we candied them and the Doodlebugs scarfed them right down, I still have my sister's cheese cakes to make(her b-day is Thanksgiving day) and I also have Aimee's mash potatoes to whip up too. I will do those at mom and dad's. I can't wait to get there!
Two Pecan Pies and Candied Pecans

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! Where I grew up we had pecan trees all around and I remember helping my mom crack. Hope you and your family have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.
LeAnn

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh...can I just say SCRUMPTIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your family is going to be super blessed!!! Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Those look so delicious! Hope you have a great trip!

Hope said...

Those pies do look great, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Cathy said...

I think I will have a slice of pie.. thank you....

Ashley said...

MMMM those look delish!! how long will you be at your moms??

LaLa said...

you do make a good pie! wish i could have some... see you in the morning!

momstheword said...

Hello! I popped over from He and Me & 3's blog. These look yummy and the pix of your children are beautiful! I do hope you'll post a picture of the boys dressed alike (once the poop is gone, lol!). My oldest "fingerpainted" his crib with it when he was younger. Wasn't that special!?